MPG

New to the Renault Austral Forums? Introduce yourself here
Deleted User 154

Post by Deleted User 154 »

Hi Folks,

had my Austral for a couple of months now, love the car but have some queries in regards to the MPG. At present the average MPG i am getting is no more than 47MPG, is anyone else seeing this or am i missing something?

thanks

tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

I know Renault say that the engine won't be running at optimal until after 1500 miles so it may improve in time. However, also wouldn't be surprised if you don't see much more than that depending on the driving you are doing.
Winter might not help either. Cooler air should help with engine performance but the fact that more functions need to be running could mean that you are using a higher ratio of engine vs electric.
Deleted User 152

Post by Deleted User 152 »

To be honest only had mine one day before I had to return it to dealer for software bugs, but started on 7 miles and took it back with 113 miles on it and it showed we had done 52.4 mpg.

Clearly this isn't a true reflection as only used two gallons worth.

Paul
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

Deleted User 152 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:42 pm To be honest only had mine one day before I had to return it to dealer for software bugs.

Paul
Can I ask what software bugs you had?
Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

Done several hundred miles so far, and the average MPG is 51 mpg isshhh, mixed driving, welsh hills "A" roads and motorways.
When I handed back our 2022 1.3 Qashqai it had averaged mid 40's mpg.
You could argue all this extra EV tech and expense has given me an extra 6 mpg so far.
Not bad but Not earth shattering.
As a comparison,....none of them can beat my diesel ford cmax 2009. @ 56mpg every week without one emmision fail in 15 years. ?????????????????
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I have mine since last November, 12000 miles on. 50 MPG on average, mix roads, it will go down to 42 if only driving on motorway.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

48mpg on the 200hp full hybrid here.
Bit disappointed tbh
Richmojo

Post by Richmojo »

You’re all lucky only managing on average about 35 mph knocking about town on short journeys. /the cold whether certainly affects it. The engine never warms up