Brand new and back in garage

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Austral
Deleted User 152

Post by Deleted User 152 »

Hi all,

Picked up our brand new Techno Alpine Austral today.

Took it out for morning, only to find the traffic recognition system faulty.

It reads circular signs with red edging perfectly but does not read national speed limit white signed leaving it blank on HUD and dash.

In addition, we got incoming call ring working once but never worked again with only incoming call displayed on open r screen.

Lastly it intermittently displays sat nav route arrows on HUD....

Not ideal first day so its booked in tomorrow for software exploratory work!

Deleted User 152

Took it back in this morning and they say they are going to delete software and do a fresh reinstall in case there was a 'glitch' on recent update.
Deleted User 152

Been informed our new Austral is one of 28 that is affected by serious software bugs issue.
They are recalling the others around the contrary with a red recall....meaning must be returned to dealer immediately for repairs
They use the VIN number for this.
We have been told Renault tech team in France are going to write a new software program to rectify ours and the other affected cars which could take a week.
We have agreed with the dealer that if the new software doesn't get updated to car by Saturday they will get us another new car from stock which is not on affected list.
We're not prepared to drive the hire car they supplied for weeks while they sort it out.
tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

Uvox2 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:22 am Been informed our new Austral is one of 28 that is affected by serious software bugs issue.
Thanks for the update.....will be interesting to see if ours is one of those then seeing as it's also a Techno Esprit Alpine and we collected it the same week as you.

Just been out for my first 'proper' drive in it and noticed that the traffic recognition is the same - works for 30, 40 etc. but does nothing for national speed limit signs. Also noticed that after it detects a 30 or 40 sign it displays it for a while (few hundred yards) and then the display reverts back to the blank indication again even though you haven't passed another speed sign.
Also, the navigation arrows in the HUD worked perfectly most of the time except when I deviated from the planned route. The route updated instantly but in the HUD the arrows disappeared for a short while before returning for the rest of the trip.

Also noticed issues with our profiles where the HUD was turned off upon getting in the car even though I'm positive they were both set to have the HUD active. Can't confirm this was definitively an issue though until I next get in it and see if it has now retained the on setting for both profiles or not.
tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

Looks like ours is actually working just fine and having read through the manual again I now see why it's likely working the way it is.

We still haven't managed to get the Renault account to connect successfully in the car itself so the car is behaving as if it doesn't have an active subscription to the connected services. This means that it'll only display the speeds as it sees them, won't use the map data to determine speeds or hazards and won't automatically transfer speed changes to the cruise control. The nav arrows issue may well have been related or a single occurrence that was route specific.

Got a 12hr+ drive to do in it tomorrow so hoping we can finally get the account to connect before, or at least some point during, the trip.
willip10

Post by willip10 »

I have exactly the saame issue with my Austral that the tech team at Renault have been looking into.

The infotainment pack in the app never connects to the car and is not active.

This has been going on since picking the car up from 18th December. I seem to have two cars in my app one is the registered car and the other is the same car still being delivered to the Renault delaer. Speaking to them there was nothing they can do as this is controlled by renault themselves.

I also have trouble with the traffic recognition system which the dealer is going to look at in February as I need a curtesy car off them. With mine adaptive cruise control never works and doesnt speed up or slow down via the traffic signs. Also the traffic sign recognition system in the vehicle controls are missing some settings.
tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

Further update following yesterdays mammoth drive and it looks like our issues with the speed limit display were, as I suspected, linked to not having the connected services hooked up.

Half way through the day, on one of the start ups, a message popped up to say 'congratulations, you're connected service are now active' or something like that (I was out of the car helping my wife get in and the message disappeared before I could read it). For the rest of the journey the traffic recognition system seemed to be doing as it was supposed to in terms of always having the speed limit displayed in the HUD and the system recognising and showing 60 / 70 national speed limits correctly. The adaptive cruise control still didn't automatically adjust to speed limit changes though and I had to use the traffic sign recognition button on the steering wheel each time to push the changes across.
This was all whilst driving under my profile though which is a secondary profile on the vehicle. When we finally got home and parked up I switched the profile to my wife's (hers being the admin one) and we still had to log into the My Renault account under her profile but this time it DID login, as I suspected it would given the message earlier in the day. Potentially it will now not only recognise the signs and display the information but also automatically adjust the cruise control as it's supposed to when active and maybe just needed that final connection confirmed on the admin account. At least I'm hoping that's the case now!

Also, when switching the profiles back and forth yesterday we noticed some of the profile settings weren't as expected - HUD not set on on either profile, favourites button not set correctly on my profile etc. Again, with the more I read and play around I suspect this could be due to the fact that they were maybe set when the engine was turned off previously as I read another piece in the OpenR guide about some settings only being retained if set when the engine was running.
Ian_V

Post by Ian_V »

Interestingly I was meant to be collecting my new Iconic Esprite Alpine today. I got a call from the dealer late yesterday saying that during final checks an urgent recall was flagged so my collection has been delayed until this is sorted. As yet I don't have any information on what the recall actually involves or how long it will take to resolve.
Deleted User 152

Just a quick update.

Renault France have still not written a programme to rectify the bugs over a week since identifying the issue.

We have agreed that if the car is not repaired by Thursday next week, (that will be two weeks its been in the garage awaiting a software fix), they will deregister the car and register a new one, (same trim and colour), which they have on hold and in stock/pdi'd in the dealership as its replacement for us so either way we will have an Austral then at last.

Throughout the whole experience the dealership especially the sales guy have been absolutely fantastic with the issue only being Renault France writing a new software fix taking the time.
willip10

Post by willip10 »

Deleted User 152 wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:25 pm Just a quick update.

Renault France have still not written a programme to rectify the bugs over a week since identifying the issue.

We have agreed that if the car is not repaired by Thursday next week, (that will be two weeks its been in the garage awaiting a software fix), they will deregister the car and register a new one, (same trim and colour), which they have on hold and in stock/pdi'd in the dealership as its replacement for us so either way we will have an Austral then at last.

Throughout the whole experience the dealership especially the sales guy have been absolutely fantastic with the issue only being Renault France writing a new software fix taking the time.
Hi Deleted User did you take the car back in the end?