Handsfree foot activated tailgate opening/closing

All Renault Austral related discussions
ccaus73

Post by ccaus73 »

Can anyone confirm that the feature to open/close the automatic tailgate by foot activation is available on the Iconic Esprit Alpine?

I was under the impression that this should be included, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I think that this was on original models but due to components shortage it was removed... I don't know if this is exact though. I usually use the key fob or the dash button.
ccaus73

Post by ccaus73 »

Coutainville wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm I think that this was on original models but due to components shortage it was removed... I don't know if this is exact though. I usually use the key fob or the dash button.
I really liked the tailgate foot activation in my previous Peugeot 3008. Very handy especially when carrying items to the car and not enough hands to operate the key card.

Shame if it is really the case that this feature has been removed. I can't find much information about it :cry:
tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

My wife got hers on Monday and I did try waving my foot under it to no avail.
If they've removed some features / added others then some info at hand over time would have been nice to at least put you in the picture.
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I wonder where the sensor is supposed to be, I might have a look underneath the bumper.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

I was looking for this feature also. It's advertised in the videos etc but I've tried and I don't think my techno esprit has it. Bit naughty of them really if this functionality no longer exists as advertised!