New Austral

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Austral
Hawklord

Post by Hawklord »

Hi Everyone,
Have a new Austral Iconic on order, due October, wondering if anyone has any thoughts, good or bad, on this car, before I either keep or cancel.

aplj

Post by aplj »

Hi

I've had my Austral Iconic now for a couple of weeks... Generally very happy with it! You will need to take time to work through the very many options you have in order to set the car up to your liking. At first the driver's seat was very uncomfortable until I adjusted the lumbar support setting so that it wasn't actually pushing me out of the seat! If you are sharing the car with someone else you should set up individual profiles which will remember seat settings and a number of other things.

I do have a bit of an issue not being able to connect my phone running Android 13 properly to the car, but this is being investigated by the Multimedia team at Renault and is only a problem in a set of limited circumstances such as being able to connect the phone wirelessly or wired to access Android Auto on my phone... and the only reason I want to do that is that BBC Sounds is not available as a native app on the OpenR Link system!

Altogether though, an impressive car which drives well and doesn't (to me at least) suffer some of the negative points alluded to by many car reviewers!