Austral 20 inch wheel tyre price.

All Renault Austral related discussions
Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

Just watched a YT austral review where the car had the 20 inch 235/45/20 Michelin primacy tyres fitted.
Two things crossed my mind,

1/ Why are car wheels / tyres getting so big ? ....Anyone know.

2/ How much are these tyres.

Considering the reviewer wasn't particularly impressed with the Michelin's, I thought maybe they were a cheaper tyre version from this premium company, so I took a look...... My goodness me. 4 tyres are going to set you back, not far short of £900 pounds, and with the 4 wheel steering, maybe or maybe not speeding up the wear on the rear, you could well find yourself fitting 4 the same time.

Gone are the days when my old Vauxhall viva and it's 155/13 tyres would cost me £20.

Happy motoring,

mr rugby

Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I don't know about the 20inches, but my previous car was a Kadjar and the 19 inch tyres (Michelin) were €220 each ( in Ireland)... :shock: :shock: :shock:
CarlfromLithuania

Post by CarlfromLithuania »

Hello. I ask the same question - why? Only for looks???
I currently drive a Kadjar which has 19 inch wheels. Our Eastern European roads are far from perfect and the ride is very bumpy, to say the least. It is a relief when I "must" change to our 17" Good Year winter tyres. Such a smooth and nice ride.
We love the new Austral and had decided to order it, but keep hesitating because of the wheels. The trim we want only comes with 20" wheels. We could get less specs and go for the 19", but still much.
Any thoughts about this? How is the Austral driving on bad roads? And I don't mean gravel roads, just badly maintained roads.
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I have an iconic esprit alpine and i find it very comfortable even on the bad roads up in Connemara.