Memory Seats

All Renault Austral related discussions
Ionic Alpine

Post by Ionic Alpine »

Hi Everyone
Just picked up brand New Ionic Alpine Esprit in metallic white. Impressed so far. My wife will be the main driver but I’ll be driving it now and then. Anyone help with the profiles on the seats. Cant seem to set it for 2 drivers. Cars I’ve had in the past have had mem 1 mem 2 ect..
Thanks in advance
Andrew

Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

Not had mine yet, but the sales guy said there are twin memory functions for the drivers seat. On YT there is a complete chapter on the Renault openR link system set up, split into different video sections. It may be covered in there.

mr rugby
ColinS

Post by ColinS »

I also don't own the car yet but this is the link mentioned https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptQf4FR ... dD&index=6. There is no talk of multiple saved settings but I did see in a review that it was possible for the passenger but not the driver, which seems rather weird. The image taken from that video would concur on the passenger seat at least.

tempsnip.png

Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

Would this be due to the video overview being for left hand drive versions and gets swapped for The Rhd models over here in UK.

Mr rugby
Ionic Alpine

Post by Ionic Alpine »

Hi Guys
Thanks for the response. Weirdly the passenger seat has 2 profiles but the driver on has 1. I’m going to phone Renault technical help.
Thanks again
Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

Please Let us know what they said about it. It must be set up for the continentals who sit on the left and not us Brits on the right.

mr rugby
AndyC123

Post by AndyC123 »

Each driver needs to set up a separate profile for driving the car. Unlike other cars where the driver profile is linked to the key you use to open the door with Renault you have to select your driver profile when you get in. So you will have a profile for "YOU" and one for "WIFE". Lots of things like the seat position, mirrors, google map favourites etc are remembered for each driver profile. When you change the profile you get 1 driver seat setting and 2 passenger seat settings. So if you are driving your wife both seats are set up as you like them. When you change driver (and the driver profile) both seats will move to the settings stored for that driver and their passenger. It is worthwhile having the profiles protected by a pin number or one of the other locking options to stop anyone else working out where you live or getting information on your google account.
ColinS

Post by ColinS »

What you are saying
When you change the profile you get 1 driver seat setting
and
So you will have a profile for "YOU" and one for "WIFE"
is contradictory. Or maybe I am just not understanding what you are saying.
AndyC123

Post by AndyC123 »

I think you can set up 5 user profiles plus 1 guest. Each user profile has a whole pile of settings remembered for them. This includes the seat positions for the drivers seat and two possible settings for the passenger seat. You will find the explanation under "User Settings" in the eGuide for the OpenR Link system. The first profile set up is also the administrator for the system so they get more control compared with the other profile owners.

Profile options.PNG