Austral Power train problems

All Renault Austral related discussions
dubliner

Post by dubliner »

tmonkeyuk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:58 pm Bringing this thread up again as ours definitely seems a lot loader now than when we first got it. From inside the car it's not too bad but my wife got in it the other day whilst I was outside and it was almost embarrassing to be stood next to. Seems to be more pronounced when the engine is cold as well.

Would be interesting to hear how many others have noticed a change since first getting the car and also, if anyone has had the software updated by request, did it work?
Hi.
I picked up the car on 15th of January. For the first week it drove perfectly, very quiet and a consumption of 5.6-5.9 l/100k in the city and with a regen level at 2.
Then on 20th of January I received an OTA service update. Since then I experienced the same engine noise problem with a rambling sound like a tractor and the consumption went up to 6.9-7 l/100k. it only happens when the engine is cold and is recharging the battery. Looking at other forums, it could be a software issue that was fixed in other countries. Lately is better probably because is slightly warmer so the rumbling and vibrations last for less.
I haven`t contacted the dealer yet, wanted to have more info to give them. Curious to know if some dealers are aware of the issue...

Amro8811

Post by Amro8811 »

Looks like all austral car have the same engine issue because I just got my car 13/03/2024 and the engine sounds like diesel truck it’s embarrassing and the driver assist system not working as well when I went to the dealer they said they are aware of the issue but they can’t do anything about it. Unbelievable. If the engine still that bad I will have to give them back the car. Very disappointing because I really like the interior of the car.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

Yes I struggle to tell when the engine is on our off also. A tad frustrating.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

Yes I struggle to tell when the engine is on or off also. A tad frustrating.
SteveD

Post by SteveD »

I have had the heat shield reshaped twice, put down to possibly going through a puddle too fast! Quite a lot on it on a couple of Facebook Groups have the same issue. One person was told they'd gone over a high kerb - but no marks on exhaust! I put in a complaint as it isn't fit for UK roads if a puddle can cause that much damage, never ever had it before, but they refused to acknowledge it as a fault. The regen motor on mine is also very loud and vibrates, started after about 1500 miles, initially it was wonderfully quiet, just like a test drive...! I had an identical courtesy car while mine was in for 3 days for a recall (Iconic with similar mileage), and that was definately quieter and smoother than mine, and ran in EV mode more. Mine's going in again Thursday for software issues and the noise so will see what transpires.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

FocusArmy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:41 am Yes I struggle to tell when the engine is on or off also. A tad frustrating.
I've already walked away from the car several times wondering why the alarm system didn't activate!!