Space Saver Wheel

All Renault Austral related discussions
ColinS

Post by ColinS »

Is it possible to replace the bass woofer in the boot with a space saver wheel on the top-of-the-range Iconic Esprit Alpine? It is an optional extra on the other models.

Mr rugby

Post by Mr rugby »

I believe the item you describe in the boot is actually the 12 volt battery according to my owners book.
I have seen pictures of some european version models with a space saver though. So it may be possible on some versions.

Mr rugby
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

ColinS wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:56 pm Is it possible to replace the bass woofer in the boot with a space saver wheel on the top-of-the-range Iconic Esprit Alpine? It is an optional extra on the other models.
Can I see a picture of your sub in the boot please? Curious to see how it was fitted?
Last edited by FocusArmy on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

Stupid place for the 12V battery, it takes the all space of the underfloor in the boot, whatever is left around id simply useless

batterie.jpg

ColinS

Post by ColinS »

Thanks for the new info and to Mr Rugby for correcting me. Is it just on the on the top-of-the-range Iconic Esprit Alpine? And can the other models have a space saver as an optional extra?
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I heard that few "non full hybrid" have space for the space saver. It is only the 200 BHP which has that 12v battery in the boot underfloor.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

ColinS wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:56 pm Is it possible to replace the bass woofer in the boot ......
Any change I can see a pic of your fitted sub? I wouldn't mind an after market one!
ColinS

Post by ColinS »

As advised by My rugby, the item that I described in the boot is actually the 12 volt battery and not a bass woofer.
Coutainville

Post by Coutainville »

I think that the subwoofer is on the left hand side of the boot (behind the slots/vents) and, it doesn't really take that much space.
FocusArmy

Post by FocusArmy »

Coutainville wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:30 am I think that the subwoofer is on the left hand side of the boot (behind the slots/vents) and, it doesn't really take that much space.
Cheers. I wonder if there's a way to wire in an after market one!