Google Assistant

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Austral
GrahamDJB28

Post by GrahamDJB28 »

I have just recently purchased an Austral.
When I switch off the engine the Rlink displays a message that Google Assistant is downloading (1 hour). If I "Clear All" this message remains.
My dealer sales manager says he cannot replicate the fault but the service dept says it is normal as Google Assistant is constantly downloading.
What do other owners experience? Is it a fault or is it normal?

Richmojo

Post by Richmojo »

Yeah, I have had this since last September when I purchased my Austral. I think it’s something to do with the Bluetooth link with my mobile phone. As previously stated Google is constantly being updated. I just ignore it.
B0B

Post by B0B »

Hi, I think this should resolve your issue (my excuses for the incomplete info, lost the original email) .. first you download the my renault app and create an account. DO NOT do anything else. When the account is created you have to go to Renault IDconnect to activate your account. Then you have to go to https://internetonthemove.orange-busine ... lt/#/login to activate the link between the car and your account. When this is done you get into the car and reset the whole system, and let it go through the setup. Just make sure the first user you activate is the one used for the ID connect. From that moment on it will only download the data once. Also, when you open the My Renault app it will have all the details of your car. Hope this helps.