Adjustable Seat recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Renault Austral
Richmojo

Post by Richmojo »

Hi, Purchased Austral Techno esprit alpine e-tech last September (2023) and I love it. However, I have just received a recall notice from Renault suggesting a problem with the front adjustable seat memory that when the engine is switched off and the door opens the seat goes back and down so that I and the front seat passenger can get in and out of the car easy, The problem is that this can potentially catching any passenger in the rear seat. The recall is to have a software update installed to prevent this. My query is has anyone else had this request and had the new software updated. My concern is that as I have bad arthritis I wouldn’t like to loose this function as at present I find it much better to access and egress the car. Once the software is installed does the car seat still go back to allow this easy access or is that function no longer available.
Thanks
richmojo

tmonkeyuk

Post by tmonkeyuk »

My wife had the recall notice for hers but she hasn't booked it in to be done yet.

We have the easy access set up for both seats under each of our profiles and wouldn't want to see it lost - a) because my wife, like yourself, has mobility issues so it helps her and b) because she's a lot shorter than me but having the easy access on means I can switch the car back to her profile when I park it up and can still get in and out. Allows us to always leave the car set up for her usage and I just switch in and out of my profile if I'm driving it.

Because I'm a lot taller and have the seat quite far back anyway I did notice that with the easy access function on someone else tall in the back could potentially get pretty squashed when I get out. I'm guessing the update will set a reduced limit on the maximum movement the seat can obtain rather than remove the feature entirely. That or just reduce how much the seat moves with the feature across the board but it would be nice if it was only the former to limit the extremity so my wife still gets the same amount of movement from her position.
Richmojo

Post by Richmojo »

Thanks for your post. If you eventually have the new software update, I would welcome your comments
Gillas

Post by Gillas »

I collected my Austral on Wednesday so has had the update installed. I can confirm that the easy access function still works but it is said to "limit it's travel". I suspect that it doesn't go down as low as it used to so could affect you but I don't have any real basis for comparison.

Hope this helps.
jmcg

Post by jmcg »

Hi All
I picked mine up on Tuesday and can confirm the seat does not go down as far as the test drive cars I have driven. I actually thought there was a problem with mine as I did not know about the recall but obviously Renault made a modification.
GrahamDJB28

Post by GrahamDJB28 »

Just bought an ex demonstrator. On Friday the easy access disabled itself. I have switched it back on. Very strange. It has been to the dealer other reasons today and they say they cannot replicate the fault.